A good source of mold and water damage information. As well as prevention tips.
A few videos to help as well
The wet season can also be the mold season in many areas of the country. Mold is often found near sources of water where it can easily grow and reproduce.
Damage from water often equals mold damage as well. As it grows, mold can breakdown and compromise the integrity and strength of the source in which it lives. When large amounts of mold spores grow, they can also compromise the health of the people living near it. Black mold can be killed, but if it is not removed properly, it can remain in the area just cleaned and the dry spores can be released into the air.
VIDEO: About Mold Growth and Water Damage
Mold Water Damage And Prevention Ideas For Home Owners
There are professional mold remediation services that can help get rid of the mold in your home as well as any molded personal affects like documents, photographs and book.
However, prevention is the best way to help keep your lungs healthy and homes and buildings strong. Rapid Refile has put together a few easy to follow tips on how you can help thwart mold from infesting your home. Below is a sample of what they say are real-life preventive measures a home owner can follow to reduce the likelihood of mold damage.
Do It Yourself Restoration Of Mold Damage – Mold Tips
- Make sure there is good air circulation in your home by using exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen
- Turn off the water flow to broken appliances and pipes to reduce mold growth.
- If you find your basement is wet or has water leaking into it, inspect the outside drainage systems for problems.
- Spread moisture-barrier materials like heavy roofing paper or polyethylene film in crawl spaces over the soil
- Make sure there is good ventilation, and keep the crawl space dry and if possible, do not enclose it
- Get rid of humidity or dampness within a building by heating it for a short time. After heating, open up the doors and windows, or use an exhaust fan, to let out the air that is moist.
- If there are freezing temperatures, take precautions against burst water pipes by insulating them
- Make sure all the seals on the windows and doors are in good-working condition
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly
- Act quickly if you see condensation on windows, pipes, or walls inside a building. Dry out the area and determine if the source of the condensation is from a leak or the result of high humidity
- Replace cracked or defective mortar in basements
- Make sure the ground around your building slopes away from the foundation so water does not collect around or enter in to it
If your home or parts of your home become flooded by broken pipes or heavy rains consider the following advice:
- Work fast. Call in a mold remediation service, which will help in the cleaning and disinfecting of your home from toxins and spores mold can release.
- Lower the humidity and temperature in the building by turning on an air conditioner and a dehumidifier to remove water from the air and slow mold growth.
- Dispose of moldy items in a sealed bag.
- Recoverable objects that can be saved should be frozen (which deactivates mold) or dried out.
- Make sure there is good ventilation within the building affected. Use a fan, if necessary, to promote good air circulation.
- Remove as much standing water in a building as quickly and safely as possible after disconnecting all electronic equipment inside the building.
Many simple steps can be taken to prevent mold damage as well as water damage during the winter months. This New Year, assess your home for any potential trouble spots that may promote mold growth and take the necessary precautions to keep your home safe and protected from the damage that water and mold can cause.
This video features information on Mold Water Damage and Tips On How To Deal With It. “How to properly dry out after water damage, floods and leaks.”
Here is another Water Damage Video that is very well done. Water Damage Tips that may help you. It comes from Clay King on youtube:
More information on Mold Water Damage
I Know All About Water Damage!
Boy if anyone knows just what water damage can do to a home or business, it’s all of us in New Orleans. The damage the water causes isn’t the worst of it. Then comes the mold. You need to have a professional for the Black Mold Removal.
Is Chinese Drywall The New Mold? The Water Damage Team
The drywall issue is reminiscent of the flood of lawsuits in the early part of the decade when water intrusion caused mold to sprout in people’s houses and offices.
How To Clean Mold And Mildew Out Of Fabrics
Before even fathoming cleaning mildew or mold, determine whether it’s possible. If the mold has been sitting there for days, it’s probably too late. Mold and mildew removal is something that should be taken care of as soon as possible.
By: Ben Anton
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com